Monday, January 25, 2010

The Last One!

I definitely made some progress on my issue of procrastination. I definitely did not conquer the problem, I know that I still have work to do to fix it. However, I learned a lot about myself in my area of self-improvement. I learned that the main reason I procrastinate is because I do not want to actually start what I have to do. I think to myself that I still have more time to get things done, and I end up putting it off for so long that I have to cram everything in at once to get things done. I am a student where I need to do my work and get it all completed; it is just hard for me to get going on things. Whether it has to do with school, work, or at home, I learned that it is best to make a schedule to see when you have free time to get things completed. The best advice that I could give to another person is to make a schedule of what you would like to get finished for the day, and then see when you have free time to work on long-term assignments to stop yourself from procrastinating. Also, it is helpful to make a list at night or in the morning of everything that you hope to get finished for the day, and reward yourself for getting things done. It is important not to have distractions or take breaks, and get what you would like to get done all at once, rather than breaking things up. Stay focused and know your timing schedule, and you will be able to do things little by little and learn how to stop yourself from procrastinating.

I aim to conquer the problem of procrastination by the end of my senior year, so I am already in the habit of acting in these ways for college next year. My goal is to manage my time in school and not procrastinate and keep myself stress-free!


No comments:

Post a Comment